Philip Zhou, Dr. Phil Zhou, first post

Hi, my name is Dr. Phil Zhou (Philip Zhou, D.O.) and I am a physician and investor from California. I have lived in Los Angeles, San Diego, Bay Area, and Sacramento. I have also spent years in China. My background is in human medicine and pharmaceutical chemistry (Pfizer research grant). I am a Lakers fan.

Why an investing blog?

Stock investing is extremely fun! I am obsessed and do my homework more than anyone. When I was 12 years old, I started watching AMD stock. Every year I get better percentage returns than Wall Street by a massive percentage. I also took many classes on math and economics in college which helps in analyzing investing. This way, I can advocate for investment methods based on solid math rather than parroting traditional investment methods. I have tested these methods through multiple stock market crashes and backtested them using historical stock market data.

Here I will post my analysis of Medical and Biotech stocks, and using Hedgefundie Leveraged ETF method (UPRO, TQQQ, TMF). I will also talk about the Wheel Method trading options. I will talk about how new investment products like portfolio margin changes the game and allows us to meet early retirement goals much faster. I will discuss how we can use real estate and side hustles to feed fresh money into our stock investing. I will spill the secret to getting out of student loan debt without paying it. And about how we don't need as much money as we think to retire early.

This site is made for retail investors. We want to not only beat Wall Street, but beat them bad, betting against them, winning their money. I want to change the current investing paradigms that don't work. For example, focusing on numerical analysis in earnings reports. Focusing on P/E ratios that have no historical correlation with stock performance. Instead I'll teach you how to focus on real time sentiment about a company. The strength of a company lies in what they actually do. You are better off looking at their main website and trying out their products yourself than reading analysis from Wall Street.

Many in the investing world have limiting beliefs in how much money you can make investing. If you read articles on google, people seem to think you can only make 7% per year. In reality, sometimes you can go up 7% in a single trading day. Half the years I'm investing, my returns are more than 100% annually. I've not only done this in stocks, but also achieved the same investing in real estate, small business, and cryptocurrency. I'm not here to brag. I just want to teach others how to do it.

 

My future goals

I want to teach others how to become financially independent so they can work on their own terms. The rest of the time, they can spend living peacefully on their ranch, or traveling the world with their families. They can go back to the old ways of living, the kind of living that makes people happy. In the old ways, people produced their own food. Growing tropical fruit trees and organic green vegetables in the garden. Being able to spend unlimited time with their families, binge watch Netflix, then go outside and smell the cherry blossoms after fresh rain. Riding mountain bikes in the forest. Being self sufficient on solar power, driving electric cars. Not having to worry about not having enough money. No stress, no anxiety, no mental illness. Just sit back and reflect upon the human condition and be content. This is the way a person is meant to live.

Feel free to leave comments. 

Contact: You may email me at phil@philzhou.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling All SAVAge Apes!

Three Methods to take advantage of Portfolio Margin for Insane Gains